The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
The hook kick is another stable kick in the basics diet. A particularly effective technique for delivery of a kick hard strike to a target.
The basic principles of performing a hook kick are (from a front stance position):
- Step through with your back leg
- Raising the knee to your chest whilst turning 90 degrees on your standing foot
- With the turn changing the angle of your kicking leg, raise your leg slightly and extend your kicking leg out at angle away from the target
- Once extended, snap the lower leg round to connect with the target with the heel of the foot, the knee should be pointing where the foot connected
- Retract or place down your kicking leg in a controlled manner
There is an alternative edit of this technique on our YouTube channel, click here to view this version of the video.